- IFCC Past President
- Full Professor of Clinical Pathology
- Director of Clinical Molecular Biology and Cytogenetics Laboratory
- Head of Genomic Unit for the Diagnosis of Human Pathologies
University Vita-Salute San Raffaele, and
IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital,
Major Achievements: (Honours, Awards, Publications)
- Scientific Coordinator of Clinical Research, IRCCS H San Raffaele, Milan (1996-1999), Chairman of Committee on Clinical Molecular Biology Curriculum of IFCC (2002-2007), member of the Education and Management Division of IFCC (2008-2011),Chairman of the Education and Management Division of IFCC (2012-2014), member of IFCC Task Force on Pharmacogenetics (2008-2014), advisor of CLSI Committee on Molecular Methods.
- Dean of Master Degree in Molecular and Cellular Medical Biotechnology (2008 at present) and President of the European Society of Predictive Medicine (2009 at present). IFCC President (2015-2017)
- IFCC-Abbott Award for significant contributions in molecular diagnostics (2004). Honorary membership of the Hungarian Society of Laboratory Diagnostics (2014). Honorary Diploma of “Societas Medicorum Bohemorum J.E Purkyne” (2015), Jendrassik L. Award of Societas Diagnostica Laboratorialis Clinicalis Hungarica (2016).
- He is author of more than 900 publications: peer reviewed journals: 297, other journals: 67, book: 1, chapter's book: 45 and 510 abstracts at International and National Congress.